Floor covering is a significant and significant fragment of any room. It should be in harmony with the single interior of the room and complement it.
Laminate is very popular because it is characterized by good durability, low cost and wide model range. And its installation is simple even for independent performance: the thorn-groove lock creates a monolithic surface without gaps and drops.
The invention of coating of this type belongs to the 70s. Sweden is considered its country of origin.
The first laminate can not be called ideal, it had a significant flaw - the lack of moisture resistance. Even from small contact with liquid, the coating was inflated, bubbled, etc. The modern lamination compound solved all these problems.
This floor laying is used both in residential apartments and houses, and in office premises, buildings with increased load on the floor. It is easy to care for such a surface, moreover, it does not fade even in direct sunlight.
The main advantages of laminated board:
- resistance to various influences;
- high wear resistance;
- does not fade;
- heat resistance.
However, be aware that laminate is not an environmentally friendly material. The coating is a multi-layer wooden structure, consisting of:
- protective base, whose function - protection from damage, dampness, deformation;
- layers - these are modified wood strips, which are characterized by durability, sound-proofing properties, protect heat;
- decorative plating, which is represented by a layer of rubberized paper pattern. Performs aesthetic purpose;
- top laminated panel, which consists of treated resin. Serves to protect and prolong service life.
Moisture resistant and waterproof laminate - two different concepts. Waterproof lamination is many times more expensive and more efficient because it is based on plastic.
Since the flooring market boasts a rich list of tint variations, buyers often care about how to choose the color of the laminate.
It is the shade of the floor that affects the general mood of the room and even the psycho-emotional state of a person. Therefore, the choice of color laminate should be deliberate, thoughtful. Approach this task responsibly.
Erroneous colors do not happen, but there are failed combinations. Only in the case of a color balance is a winning palette formed.
General recommendations on the choice of colors:
- determine the level of illumination. For light rooms, the same coating is suitable. It will hide microparticles of dirt, dust, stains after washing;
- the tone of the plinth and wallpaper should not repeat the tone of the floor, as there will be a uniform closed space. If the wallpaper is light, the coating is two or three tones darker;
- when choosing a laminate for a small apartment, be guided by one tint palette and texture for the entire area. Otherwise, the space will be reduced and disconnected. If there is a low ceiling, discard the dark flooring. Bleached laminate will be a suitable option.
How to choose the color of the laminate for the hallway?
This zone is usually not different spacious square meters. In such a case, explicitly marked lines should be avoided. In order to visually expand the area, lay horizontally the coating of light colors (laminated oak and bleached oak). You can also combine boards of different colors.
The choice of color variation of the laminate depends on two conditions: color and wood of the simulated breed. Surface coating represents all kinds of valuable wood: rosewood, oak color laminate, ash color laminate, cherry color laminate, beech color laminate, bamboo, wenge color laminate, etc. The drawing on the surface of the board is depicted in stripes, solid or mosaic.
According to the color performance, the canvas is classified:
Light is a laminate of color bleached oak, gold, alder, birch, elm, pine, ash, maple, ash, elm. Dark variants include baked, dark oak, walnut, wenge, etc. Red imitates such species as cherry, merbau, mahogany, etc.
The first thing you need to decide is the effect you need to achieve:
- light tone is an excellent reflector and space expander. It creates a feeling of purity, airiness, freshness. Such a floor visually reflects the light. Therefore, even a darkened room will not seem gloomy and dull. To create a calm space, combine a light finish with a cold wall design. This solution is suitable for rooms with a lot of natural light;
- dark shade - style, nobility, contrast. This option requires light walls, furniture, decor. Bright accents will give the interior a uniqueness, elegance, originality. But do not forget that the laminate of dark color and the abundance of dark tones create the impression of isolation, gloom, steal volume. This option is ideal for sunny rooms.
Black laminate in combination with white furniture is a modern solution for creating a contrasting interior. This trick applies to the door. This method will eliminate the redundancy, the immoderation of white and the drama of black.
Space color modeling
The correct combination of color laminate and furniture transforms, decorates, places the necessary accents. In order that the furniture does not merge with the floor, choose a coating that is darker or, on the contrary, lighter. Bright carpet will bring the dynamics, liveliness.
The bright colors of the floor pacify, calm. Use them in the bedroom, bathroom. Deep dark colors sets up a conversation, encourages activity. It is suitable for dining, kitchen, living room. The red laminated surface fills with energy, gives vivacity, activates mental activity. This will be the ideal option for office, office.