Floor covering is a significant and significant fragment of any room. It should be in harmony with the single interior of the room and complement it.
Laminate is very popular because it is characterized by good durability, low cost and wide model range. And its installation is simple even for independent performance: the thorn-groove lock creates a monolithic surface without gaps and drops.
The main thing is not to be mistaken with the colors and shades. But how to understand what color laminate is suitable?
Characteristics of the laminated coating
The invention of coating of this type belongs to the 70s. Sweden is considered its country of origin.
The first laminate can not be called ideal, it had a significant flaw - the lack of moisture resistance. Even from small contact with liquid, the coating was inflated, bubbled, etc. The modern lamination compound solved all these problems.
This floor laying is used both in residential apartments and houses, and in office premises, buildings with increased load on the floor. It is easy to care for such a surface, moreover, it does not fade even in direct sunlight.
The main advantages of laminated board:
- resistance to various influences;
- high wear resistance;
- does not fade;
- heat resistance.
However, be aware that laminate is not an environmentally friendly material. The coating is a multi-layer wooden structure, consisting of:
- protective base, whose function - protection from damage, dampness, deformation;
- layers - these are modified wood strips, which are characterized by durability, sound-proofing properties, protect heat;
- decorative plating, which is represented by a layer of rubberized paper pattern. Performs aesthetic purpose;
- top laminated panel, which consists of treated resin. Serves to protect and prolong service life.
Moisture resistant and waterproof laminate - two different concepts. Waterproof lamination is many times more expensive and more efficient because it is based on plastic.
Important values must also be considered:
- product class;
- the size;
A competent specialist should advise you on the criteria described.
Since the flooring market boasts a rich list of tint variations, buyers often care about how to choose the color of the laminate.
It is the shade of the floor that affects the general mood of the room and even the psycho-emotional state of a person. Therefore, the choice of color laminate should be deliberate, thoughtful. Approach this task responsibly.
Erroneous colors do not happen, but there are failed combinations. Only in the case of a color balance is a winning palette formed.
General recommendations on the choice of colors:
- determine the level of illumination. For light rooms, the same coating is suitable. It will hide microparticles of dirt, dust, stains after washing;
- the tone of the plinth and wallpaper should not repeat the tone of the floor, as there will be a uniform closed space. If the wallpaper is light, the coating is two or three tones darker;
- when choosing a laminate for a small apartment, be guided by one tint palette and texture for the entire area. Otherwise, the space will be reduced and disconnected. If there is a low ceiling, discard the dark flooring. Bleached laminate will be a suitable option.
How to choose the color of the laminate for the hallway?
This zone is usually not different spacious square meters. In such a case, explicitly marked lines should be avoided. In order to visually expand the area, lay horizontally the coating of light colors (laminated oak and bleached oak). You can also combine boards of different colors.
The color palette for a child's room depends on the functionality of the room, the nature of the baby. Calm oak tones are ideal for a hyperactive child. Leisurely guys need brightness, saturation of colors (cherry, alder, apple). Neutral shades of the floor are always relevant (beech, birch). Do not purchase laminated board in cool, black, red tones.
Interior doors should be in harmony with the shade of the floor, but not repeat it completely. However, do not make them the same. Coverage should be made darker.
In addition to these rules, you need to consider the type of surface. Glossy lamination gives gloss, splendor, creates a festive atmosphere. Such floor will be suitable for a drawing room, the hall, kitchen. But for the office, the bedroom is better to install a matte surface. It creates coziness, comfort.
Comparable colors and textures
The choice of color variation of the laminate depends on two conditions: color and wood of the simulated breed. Surface coating represents all kinds of valuable wood: rosewood, oak color laminate, ash color laminate, cherry color laminate, beech color laminate, bamboo, wenge color laminate, etc. The drawing on the surface of the board is depicted in stripes, solid or mosaic.
According to the color performance, the canvas is classified:
Light is a laminate of color bleached oak, gold, alder, birch, elm, pine, ash, maple, ash, elm. Dark variants include baked, dark oak, walnut, wenge, etc. Red imitates such species as cherry, merbau, mahogany, etc.
Light or dark?
The first thing you need to decide is the effect you need to achieve:
- light tone is an excellent reflector and space expander. It creates a feeling of purity, airiness, freshness. Such a floor visually reflects the light. Therefore, even a darkened room will not seem gloomy and dull. To create a calm space, combine a light finish with a cold wall design. This solution is suitable for rooms with a lot of natural light;
- dark shade - style, nobility, contrast. This option requires light walls, furniture, decor. Bright accents will give the interior a uniqueness, elegance, originality. But do not forget that the laminate of dark color and the abundance of dark tones create the impression of isolation, gloom, steal volume. This option is ideal for sunny rooms.
Black laminate in combination with white furniture is a modern solution for creating a contrasting interior. This trick applies to the door. This method will eliminate the redundancy, the immoderation of white and the drama of black.
Space color modeling
The correct combination of color laminate and furniture transforms, decorates, places the necessary accents. In order that the furniture does not merge with the floor, choose a coating that is darker or, on the contrary, lighter. Bright carpet will bring the dynamics, liveliness.
Among the winning combinations of floor and furniture are:
- gray laminate in the interior and dark furniture. For example, the coating "gray oak" is suitable for furniture the color of cappuccino;
- warm wood shades (wenge color laminate) and chocolate furniture or white. Also use oak in the interior of the floor and gray furniture;
- dark walnut laminate and powdery colors of furniture. Add bright, warm details.
Remember that when creating a room design and placing accents only three basic shades are used.
The effect of color on humans
The bright colors of the floor pacify, calm. Use them in the bedroom, bathroom. Deep dark colors sets up a conversation, encourages activity. It is suitable for dining, kitchen, living room. The red laminated surface fills with energy, gives vivacity, activates mental activity. This will be the ideal option for office, office.
The civilized world provides a lot of opportunities to use flooring of any color and texture. Keep in mind that the patterned colorful pattern very soon get tired. Choose classics and naturalness. At observance of the main councils creation of a unique harmonious interior is not difficult.