Modern design ideas are striking in their diversity and originality. Most recently, developers managed to create a category of furniture products that do not have a plastic or wooden base - this is frameless furniture. Recently, it is in great demand because it can be used in any room: in the hall, in the hallway, in the bedroom and in the children's room.
On sale there are various types and models of such furniture: sofas, armchairs and ottomans for sitting. Such products are called "chair in a bag", which was invented by two young Italian designers in 1967. The first models had a lot of weight, because small plastic balls with water were used as an internal filler. Such models did not manage to prove themselves well in the furniture market, but in 1968 one industrialist suggested that developers improve them by replacing the filler (instead of using plastic balls with water, use polystyrene foam).
What is a furniture without frame?
Frameless upholstered furniture that does not have a rigid base is practical, original and stylish. Due to its simplicity and mobility, it is easy to use: both adults and older children can effortlessly move it from place to place. The absence of a rigid frame allows a person to lie down and sit on it in any comfortable position.
Products without a rigid base consist of an internal filler: polyurethane foam in the form of soft balls, rigid padding polyester (nonwoven synthetic fiber), holofiber (polyester fiber) and other materials. These fillers tend to keep their shape, which allows them to fully perform their functions. Despite the presence of synthetic substances in the composition, the furniture is hypoallergenic, as it is unable to cause allergic reactions.
The advantages of upholstered furniture without a rigid foundation
Unlike classical furniture products, frameless have the following advantages:
- Comfort. A sofa or chair-bag is able to fully take the form of a human body, so it is comfortable to sit and lie in it. This feeling of comfort can not be felt when using a conventional frame headset.
- Security. Since bean bags do not have sharp and hard corners, they are absolutely safe for children - with outdoor games, the child is never injured.
- Mobility. To move the bag chair to another place, there is no need for physical effort. Even a six-year-old child will cope with this task.
- Hygiene. In case of contamination, furniture products can be easily washed in a washing machine or manually due to a removable cover. After washing, they acquire a pristine appearance. The internal filler of furniture has a water-repellent property - it prevents the occurrence of fungus and mold. If desired, you can change the covers, you can buy them in any specialty store.
- Original design. Frameless chair or sofa will decorate the interior of any room, as well as give it a unique style.
- Practicality and durability. Such products have a long service life, they do not deteriorate and do not break over time, due to the lack of a frame there is simply nothing to break. The special properties of the internal material do not allow the furniture to subside and deform over time.
- Versatility. Soft products without a frame can be installed both in closed and open spaces (terraces, verandas and balconies).
The main advantage of this type of furniture is to prevent damage to the flooring, because when it moves there is no mechanical effect. In the case of damage to the cover, it can be easily sewn with regular threads or by overlaying a decorative patch. Unlike classic furniture products (on the frame), frameless repairs will be much cheaper.
The disadvantages of the headset without frame
Along with the advantages of this type of furniture, there are drawbacks, but in order to minimize them, it is important to purchase high-quality products. The disadvantages of this type of headset include:
- Loss of form filler. Over time, the granules lose their original shape, so sometimes you have to purchase them additionally and fill the chair.
- In the process of mobile children's games, the cover may tear, and if it is a hydro-mattress, the liquid will come out. It is much more dangerous if the child gets the pellets from the chair and tries to eat them. However, an additional cover is provided in high-quality furniture products without a base, due to which it is impossible to remove the granules.
- Lack of an additional box for things.
A soft frameless headset can be made with your own hands by purchasing all the necessary accessories in a specialty store. It is not recommended to use leather or leatherette for sewing the case, since it will stretch and the headset will lose its shape.
Types of frameless furniture
The modern furniture market offers a wide range of frameless chairs and sofas. Due to the huge variety of original styles and designs of such a headset, each customer will be able to choose the right one for his interior.
The main types of seats that do not have a frame:
- Padded stools - ideally fit into both the adult and the nursery, complementing the interior design. The ottomans are light and compact, it is comfortable to rest on them after a hard day’s work both in one’s own room and in the office.
- "Bags" - perform the same functions as the ottomans, but differ in shape and size.
- "Pears" - provide a reliable position of the back, supporting the spine. They can sit in any position or relax reclining over a magazine, book or cup of tea.
- "Balls". Chairs in the shape of a soccer ball will be appreciated by real football fans. They wonderfully complement the interior of the boy’s children's room, which is fond of sports games.
- Armchair cushions. Due to their small size, they function as seats and cushions.
- "Pyramids" - differ in the original style, and also provide a comfortable position of the human body in any position (sitting, lying, reclining).
- "Hearts" - an ideal vacation spot for a couple in love. This type of soft armchairs will give the bedroom a romantic mood.
- Upholstered furniture-transformer. Manufacturers can produce its solid form and consisting of separate blocks that are easily interconnected.
- Hydro-mattresses (for a bed or a couch) filled with liquid.
Frameless furniture in the interior is presented in various models and designs. When choosing it, it is important to pay attention to the type of material and the quality of sewing. Cover fabric should be tight, and the seams are double, crisp and smooth. The presence of grommets provides air out of the bag, thereby reducing the load on the seams.