At the present time, a relatively cheap and very original method of finishing vertical surfaces indoors has become quite popular - this is decorative plaster for concrete. There is a definite difference between simple and decorative plaster: in the second there are small pebbles, as well as large grains of sand, iridescent when illuminated. Under the rays of light, the surface begins to cast with nacre.
There are a large number of plaster mixes of different shades. In addition, decorative panels for concrete can be cast on the desired shade independently by adding acrylic paint.
In this article we will try to sort the following questions:
- How to use decorative concrete in the interior of the room?
- What decorative coating can a concrete have?
- What is remarkable decorative plaster with imitation of concrete?
Thanks to the careful application and proper use of elements of the main structure, plaster can be given a refined and elegant appearance. This type of finish is characterized by other important advantages:
- Application speed The process of surface treatment with plaster does not take you much time.
- A variety of textures. In the process of surface treatment with plaster it can be made smooth, textured, rough, patterned, monochromatic or multi-colored.
- Ability to save heat. Having finished walls with plaster, you can save up to 25% on heating the entire room.
- High degree of durability. Decorative plaster perfectly tolerates the effects of moisture and temperature extremes.
- A complex approach. Concrete-based plaster can be painted or varnished.
Firms producing plaster:
- The domestic company "Prof Decor" produces plaster of various types, which has a loft-style, special minimalism or high-tech style.
- The company "San Marco" produces plaster mixtures that are made on the basis of polymers. These types of coatings are durable, moisture-proof, durable. They are very popular when working with curved surfaces.
- The Russian company "Asti" is engaged in the production of compositions of the textured sample "Hi-Tech Concrete", which are distinguished by the ability to save heat. In the mixtures themselves there are blotches that allow you to create different effects.
- The company "Flex Concrete System" is engaged in the production of plaster, which is used for vertical and horizontal surfaces that are exposed to heat or contact with a lot of moisture.
Work with decorative plaster
First you need to remove the old coating. Weakly fixed plaster is easily removed with a spatula. To do this, wet the walls with water. When wet, the old plaster becomes softer and peels off. Using smooth trowel movements, clean the resulting dirt. Pay special attention to hollows and joints.
A wall with a dry surface that has no wallpaper on it, but plaster or paint is applied, must necessarily be primed. The procedure itself does not cause difficulties, so for its implementation there is no need to resort to the services of specialists. The primer can ensure good adhesion of the plaster itself to a vertical or horizontal surface.
An antiseptic primer can prevent mold and mildew.
Decorative concrete plaster differs porous, but not completely solid structure. Thus, the wall is usually covered with multiple layers and acquires volume and relief.
It should be noted that the proper effect can be achieved through the use of plaster with a transparent surface. A wall with such plaster will look great if you highlight it.
A noble coating can occur in the case of the use of the composition, which has gold blotches. A wall of concrete with gilding is quite stylish and unusual decor. There are mixtures that have other effects. For example, the surface may become "rusty", silver, "worn", have efflorescence or artistic styling. Cheap concrete-based plaster is usually available with a gray coating, but you can use a coloring pigment to obtain the desired shade.