For the decoration of the walls of the bathroom has become a traditional use of ceramic tiles. She has established herself as a reliable and durable material, and it seems there is no substitute for it. However, technology does not stand still. Diversify the interior will help liquid wallpaper in the bathroom, which are produced according to the latest achievements of the industry in the field of building materials. Their properties allow you to expand the scope of such wallpaper and change the design of any room.
Liquid wallpaper is a plaster, the main component of which is cellulose. She gave the right to this material called wallpaper. Supplied in powder form. The color of the composition depends on the dye used. In addition, it consists of components from cotton and textile fibers. Also in the composition may be dry algae, tree bark, mica, etc.
The big advantage is the choice of various options for decoration. When using ordinary wallpaper, the choice is one - the color and quality that you bought, but before the liquid wallpaper a wide field for experiments. You can change shades, play with color.
Before you ask whether it is possible to use liquid wallpaper, it is better to know what they are.
- The basis of "silk" wallpaper is silk fibers. They are considered the highest quality due to the long life and resistance to sunlight. This coating is very expensive.
- The closest competitor to silk is cellulose wallpaper. They are significantly inferior to silk in quality and appearance, but they are the cheapest of the entire line of materials.
- The middle option is silk-cellulose wallpaper.
Many still, despite the fact that liquid wallpaper for the bathroom successfully used in interior decoration, prefer time-tested finishing materials. Although the first ones are easier to care for: dirt, dust, mold can be easily removed from such a surface.
Despite such remarkable properties, liquid wallpaper in the bathroom has several disadvantages:
- High-quality moisture-resistant material is expensive.
- The preparatory stage is quite laborious. To keep the material firmly on the walls, it is necessary to go through several stages: puttying small cracks, sanding, applying a primer. If you miss one type of work, in the end you can get a different shade in the finish or even the entire surface is covered with spots.
- It requires patience and minimal experience with a tool such as a trowel.
- There is a high probability of forgery. The quality of the material will manifest itself only after the mixture has been prepared and applied to the wall.
The whole process is divided into several stages: the preparation of the walls, the preparation of the solution, the application of liquid wallpaper.
- Removed nails, screws, dowels, as well as metal and plastic embedded parts.
- All defects, pits, holes and small depressions larger than 2 mm in size are removed.
- The surface of the walls is primed with a standard primer of deep penetration. Applied in 2-3 doses with a break of 3 hours.