Masonry is always associated with safety and nobility. The use of artificial and natural stone is a time consuming and expensive process. The best alternative to which is considered decorative plaster under the stone. The variety of forms and textures allows you to create all sorts of finishes and colors.
They plaster under the stone the external facades of walls, basements, street stairs, as well as the interior surfaces of the rooms.
Stucco for wild stone can be made in several ways, depending on the purpose of the wall and the desired end result.
Features of plaster under the stone
- A huge variety of shapes, textures and colors. With the solution you can recreate any effect of the stone.
- The best ratio of cost and quality characteristics of the material.
- Versatility. Can be used for interior and exterior decoration, wall decoration, stairs, and fences.
- Leveling surfaces. Under the layer of plaster, you can align any walls.
- The use of the machine method of applying the mixture reduces the process several times.
- Combination with any decor. Imitation stone fits perfectly into any interiors and exteriors.
- The use of finishes as a finishing finish.
- The presence of cement improves the strength of the walls and increases resistance to ultraviolet and weather conditions.
- The ability to perform work on their own.
The advantages of finishing under the stone
- Great appearance. Decorative plaster "old stone" looks almost identical to natural stone.
- No delamination and cracking of surfaces.
- Long service life.
- Additional wall insulation.
- Resistance to mechanical stress, changes in weather conditions, microorganisms (fungi and bacteria). With frequent changes of temperature and bad weather, the outer finishing layer is perfectly preserved, without losing the physical qualities and the original appearance.
- Featuring vapor permeability. Finishing does not affect the microclimate in the rooms. There is no isolated space effect.
- Simplicity, low complexity of finishing works.
- The lack of special rules of care.
- Low cost of consumables.
Required materials and tools
For a high-quality finish, not only high-quality blends are needed, but also hand tools. The main ones include spatulas: narrow, wide, straight, trapezoidal, the choice is individual for each individual case. Wide use for the initial application of the solution over the entire area. Narrow align the mixture in the corners, near baseboards, window and door openings. Venetian trowel is mainly used to create textures. The roller is necessary for leveling soft types of plaster, the sprayer is used for lacquering finishes.
The composition of the mixture
Depending on the type of texture, different materials can be used.
It consists of crushed stone. For some types of plasters, the stone is ground into powder.
The main ingredient that serves as a binder mixture.
It provides the composition of high plasticity.
This mineral is an auxiliary component to most types of plaster.
Mica (in baby)
Mica is necessary to give shine to the surface.
It is used in the highest level of plaster. Like cement, it is used as a bundle of all components.
Used to obtain various shades and imitation of various stones.
All elements of decorative stone plaster are environmentally safe, exclude allergic reactions and harmful effects on the body.
To obtain an imprint, special polyurethane (polymer) forms are used. Usually use 2-3 pieces to speed up the execution of work.
Popular types of stone imitation finishes:
- Venetian - imitation of wood and stone.
- Flock - stylized mosaic chips.
- Lessiruyuschaya - the effect of an ancient stone.
- Textured - imitation of various types and sizes of stone.
Preparing work surfaces for stone plastering does not have strict requirements. It is important to correctly complete the main steps.
First, there is a cleaning of dirt, oily layer, old wallpaper, paint. Unremovable oil paint residues should be washed with soapy water and primed. If there are metal elements on the walls: parts, fixtures, etc., they must be filled with usual putty to avoid rust on the decorative layer. Then level the surface in the field of potholes or strong influxes.
Removing deep cracks, filling cavities with a plaster or cement-sand mixture is a necessary measure to save the main finishing material, plaster.
After this is the process of priming the walls. It is necessary to choose a mixture compatible with stone plaster. A list of acceptable materials is indicated on the packaging. Only then is the selection of the workspace. To minimize adhesion with building tape, it is necessary to limit the working areas.
At the end of the wall moistened with water. The procedure allows to increase the elasticity of the applied further finishing mixture.
Exterior Wall Finishing
Extrusion imitation is used for exterior wall decoration. On the foundation and walls, stamping creates a repeating pattern with deep and clear borders. The variety of such stamps is impressive. It can be a small stone, and a Roman pattern.
The process of stamping is simple: the polymer form with a characteristic force is pressed against the unconsolidated mixture. After complete drying, the surface is cleaned with a stiff metal brush.
Interior wall finish
The finished mixture is applied to areas of no more than 3 square meters. Subsequent actions depend on the type of texture selected.
- Large (wild) stone. The prepared mixture is dosed onto the walls and compacted with a trowel until the required density is formed. Cover layer applied after, rubbed over to eliminate irregularities. Next, the drying solution is rubbed with floats.
- Small stone. The solution has a finer granularity. The trowel creates a relief that is rubbed down to a finely dispersed form.
- Marmorino The method is to use a special mixture for plaster. To imitate the texture of a stone, a chisel is used that determines the boundaries of the stone.
- Torn stone Similar to the technology of the wild stone. Textured notches are applied chaotically, for realism, the strokes make different thicknesses.
More complex textures are created similarly. To slow down the wear of the surface technology is applied wax.
To imitate the texture of cracks on the walls, it is necessary to use a building dryer, observing the following rules.
- The size of the cracks, depth and pattern depend on the thickness and humidity of the solution.
- Drying is carried out at a maximum temperature at a distance of 15 cm to the wall.
- Next, you need to wipe the lining with sandpaper and trowel until a uniform gloss.
- To reduce the settling of dust on the walls and premature destruction of the plaster must be varnished.
Applying plaster of different colors is made until completely dry, so that the layers adhere firmly to each other.