What is nice and soothing effect on our nervous system, if not plants. These green friends in the interior of the house, office or cottage have become so desirable companions of our life that without them we can not imagine who else could brighten up everyday work.
With the proper understanding of the subject, your dreams can easily acquire real outlines, and a winter garden in a private house, on the roof of an apartment building, or in a single apartment, will delight your eyes. It used to be plants in the home all year round were considered a luxury. Now summer greens and a piece of the tropics in the attic floor of a residential building or a country house - the project is quite feasible. It is necessary to choose suitable materials, draw up a project, select the appropriate design in harmony with the general interior of the house - and you can begin to fulfill your dream. Moreover, the possibilities for registration today are truly endless, and problems with heat usually simply do not exist.
Planning a dream is most effective with a pencil and paper at hand. Your project should contain a house plan with a side to which you are going to add an extension of the garden. You will also need a second floor plan - directly a greenhouse or an attic, in case you decide to arrange your creation on the second floor. In any case, your extension should initially be divided into three territories:
- communicative - this track, which in the layout perform a connecting function;
- Recreational - a place of rest, in the interior of which not only a sofa or chair can be provided, but also the possibility of eating or negotiating;
- decorative - here are, in fact, plants, besides the design can be complemented by modern finishes or fashionable decor.
Original attachment - the most popular form of arrangement of your offspring. In addition to it, you can arrange the layout, which will diversify the project, as an addition to the main building, and as a separate building.
Placing a greenhouse is even more important than the layout of the room itself. From its location it will be clear whether the plants will receive the rays of the sun, or they will have to be compensated for by a costly and not always effective alternative. Let's calculate the sides of the world, which include:
- southern - it seems optimal only at first glance, any most modern design will not save green friends from overheating, and air - from drying;
- Eastern - optimal in any room interior, the morning sun will not be a source of heat, and your plants will get the required energy of the sun without overheating;
- Western - is located on the second place in terms of optimality, it must be borne in mind that such a placement project will still provide excess heat, especially in summer, and additional watering is inevitable;
- North - in the design of this option, you can safely include both decorative and conventional means of heating, and the more - the better. This decision is made only if there is no other alternative.
Plexiglas, double-glazed windows or ordinary glass?
If you place your winter garden on the roof of the house, then in the process of its design it is necessary, first of all, to resolve the issue with the surface of the walls and ceiling. Here we should proceed from what will be the characteristics of:
- load bearing capacity;
Your plants should feel comfortable in the interior of the room. Therefore, you should take into account other materials that you can place inside your green abode with your own hands. It fits well into the overall design of ceramic tiles. If the garden is planned to be located on the ground floor, it makes sense to think about sand or gravel. Perfectly diversify the interior:
- wooden structures (in the form of a miniature bridge);
- Hand-made platforms from a mosaic mosaic will advantageously distinguish your design from other design options.