Of course, it is not bad to have a huge bathroom in which you can conveniently and freely place all the necessary plumbing and furniture. So, in a large room, the shower stall and the bath itself may be separate, but in a small bathroom such luxury is not available. Therefore, owners of modest square meters have to get out differently.
Of course, the curtain for the bathroom can be made not only from glass. As the basis can be used and plastic, and waterproof fabric, and polyethylene. But it is glass that can provide opportunities that no other material has — namely, to turn a bath into a practically complete shower stall. For this purpose, perfect and fixed model, and folding.
Glass curtain, unlike other materials, durable. In addition, the surface of this device is treated with a special coating that protects it from mechanical damage. And the design itself, even folding, is designed for long-term uninterrupted use. Therefore, having invested once in a glass curtain, you decide for many years to solve the problem with a bath and a shower.
After water procedures, water stains remain on the glass - more precisely, lime, which is found in large quantities in tap water. On the other hand, this plaque is easily removed with household chemicals and napkins, so there is no big problem here.
Let us consider the main options for glass curtains for bathrooms and the features of each option.
Many experts and owners of glass curtains consider this option the most successful of all. First of all, because the sliding model is suitable for a large room, and for very compact bathrooms. This curtain does not occupy a separate place and fits perfectly into any interior.
This curtain is suitable only for a spacious bathroom. After all, its doors need a place to have to swing open. They open like a double door. This feature makes swing models are not the most popular in the Russian plumbing market. According to experts, even owners of decent-sized bathrooms do not tend to buy swing blinds to save space.
This version of the curtain is a kind of screen that can cover the entire bath, its half or third of the room. It is convenient to install such a screen when there is a washing machine or a closet with towels, another equipment or furniture near the bathroom, where it is undesirable to get water splashes.
This fixed model looks very stylish, emphasizing the modernity of the bathroom and the good laconic taste of the owners.
Folding (or harmonica)
An excellent choice for non-standard shapes. This is the most fragile and quickly failing model of glass curtains. Therefore, in this case, especially careful operation is necessary. This model can be folded completely, which allows it to be conveniently manipulated - put in place and clean.
The variety of forms and "external data" glass curtains allows you to choose the design to the interior of any bathroom. Some features of the decor:
- Transparent curtains organically fit into the interior of the room, give it weightlessness. In addition, the transparent glass design looks stylish and is especially suited to the ultra-modern bathroom interior, for example, high-tech style or minimalism.
- Frosted glass is also a common variant that is suitable for people who live in an apartment not alone. Matte surfaces can be smooth or have a textured rough surface. However, in the second case, the surface of the curtain may not be so pleasant to the touch.
- Mirror design of the curtain will visually “push apart” the borders of the bathroom, provide an additional accessory, and also give the room a modern touch.
- Glass curtain can also be equipped with an original pattern or ornament. The picture is chosen under the style of the bathroom so that it blends harmoniously into its interior.
- In addition to these options, the glass can also be colored, which makes the choice of curtains even more diverse.
- Constructions made of extremely durable and reliable tempered glass are also a good choice. Such a curtain will serve smoothly for many years. Often this model is made of tinted glass, which makes a very stylish impression.