Having a balcony, you need to take care of its presentable form - external and internal. Outside, this part of the apartment should be a neat protrusion, and inside it should be a cozy and comfortable extension of the apartment. In the article we will consider - with the help of what materials it is possible to trim a balcony, we will sort their advantages and disadvantages. After all, there are a lot of options - cladding the balcony with clapboard and panels, and even finishing with a decorative stone. Which methods are better, which ones are worse, we will find out.
The lining of the balcony walls creates an additional insulating layer that helps keep the apartment warm during the winter. In addition, many apartment owners so skillfully sheathe and insulate their balcony from the inside and outside, using various interesting ideas that it turns into a living room, increasing the area of the apartment.
Any options for finishing materials additionally protect the room from precipitation, dust, wind, other weather and atmospheric disturbances. In addition, the exterior design of the balcony is improved.
We learn the most popular ideas and options for the material trim for the balcony, their advantages and disadvantages.
- Along with a decorative stone, this completely artificial material is thin, but at the same time quite practical and inexpensive.
- It should be borne in mind that covering the balcony with plastic panels will lead to the fact that over time the panels absorb moisture from the atmosphere, as a result of which they become deformed and lose their visual appeal. Therefore, this type of plating can not be called long-term. But under good operating conditions, an internal design with PVC panels can last for quite a long time without deformation and loss of visual appeal.
- Excellent material for carrying out internal finishing works on arrangement of a balcony, helps to realize many interesting ideas on finishing and various design.
- Significant advantages: the material perfectly tolerates temperature fluctuations with which a balcony jutting out is so exposed. Not bad PVC lining tolerates and high humidity.
- Do not have an unpleasant "chemical" odor, non-toxic. In this panel, similar to the decorative stone.
- The inner lining of PVC lining is easy to clean.
- Along with an artificial stone has a wide choice of color scale. This allows you to choose exactly the shade for the walls that best fit into the interior in order to implement the most unusual ideas.
- Eco-friendly and safe material. Perhaps the most aesthetic design of the balcony is eco-friendly, respectable and comfortable.
- Covering a balcony with eurolining costs more than plastic options, but the result will look more noble and expensive. In addition, wooden paneling is pleasant to the touch, and also creates a warm and cozy atmosphere from the inside.
- More complex in care and handling. For example, it will be necessary to treat the natural material with water-repellent impregnation, which will help protect the wall panel from rotting.
- Covering a balcony with a tree is a very time-consuming task; you will need a good knowledge of carpentry nuances. Therefore, if there are no special skills in this business, it is better to assign this task to professionals.
- Lining made of coniferous wood will create such a favorable microclimate on the balcony that it will be possible to get out of it, just like in a sanatorium - to breathe air.
Tip: It is not recommended to use this material on balconies with high humidity. Distillation will swell and warp, and the design will quickly lose its presentable original look.
- This is a great option for finishing the balcony. The stone lining is more suitable for interior work, as the stone balcony will not look very adequate against the background of the concrete walls of our five- and nine-story buildings.
- The stone is waterproof, perfectly tolerates temperature drops.
- It is quite simple to assemble the material; the owner of the house himself will cope with this without calling the repair team. In order to fix the artificial stone on the surface of the walls of the balcony, it is not necessary to level them further.
- The “stone” design is long and practical.
- With all the external massiveness, decorative stone is a fairly light material, which will not burden the balcony.
- The stone has many textures and types of colors. You can easily select the desired shade and shape of the stone, ideally suited to your goal, carry out any design ideas.
- Externally, the design with a decorative stone looks very attractive - it can give an aesthetic look to any balcony.
- The material is easily assembled - the owner of the house will be able to cope with this work on his own - plastic is light, work is fast.
- Plastic panels for walls have good heat and sound insulation properties. In addition, they have a very long service life - experts say that this period is at least 30 years. And throughout the operation, all the positive characteristics of the material are fully preserved. In this they are similar to a decorative stone.
- The material is able to withstand significant temperature differences.
- Balcony sheathing siding is suitable even for non-standard balconies - long, short, small or too high, with curly corners and projections.
- Some experts attribute to minuses the fact that plastic panels are often long, so they are not too convenient to transport.
This material is made of pressed wood chips, and the top is covered with a beautiful and shiny laminate coating that simulates different types of wood. A balcony decorated with such material will have an expensive respectable look. But this lining is not suitable for exterior plating - MDF-lining does not tolerate moisture. But the interior decoration with it will turn the balcony into a stylish and beautiful place.
This material has high strength due to stiff ribs.
The surface of the walls, trimmed with this material will have a neat relief texture. The standard width of the strip lining - 10 cm. Colors may be different.
Plasterboard balcony is not recommended if the wall surface is not sufficiently insulated. Fragile material is afraid of moisture, so it can only be used in dry and protected from moisture and cold rooms.
Perhaps the most expensive material for covering the balcony. But it has the largest safety margins, besides, the appearance after such a plating balcony acquires a prestigious and very respectable. You can say this is a great choice for solid and accomplished people. Design with a decorative stone is just as luxurious, however, it is cheaper.
Before starting work, carefully weigh all the pros and cons of each material, sort through all possible options and calculate the exact cost of work. Clearly imagine the result that should come from inside and outside the balcony - this will allow not to miss the small but important details. It is better if the work plan, estimates, moments and ideas that are important not to forget, will be written down on paper.