Country originates from the middle of the twentieth century. It was at that time that style began to gain momentum in popularity in America. Then the country-style furnishings resembled the American ranch. Since its inception, it still does not lose its popularity. Even today, when there are a lot of other areas, much more relevant to the modern era of technology and progress, the rural style still finds its adherents. Of course, the style of the country has changed under the influence of time and has undergone some kind of integration. The real secret of attractiveness lies in its special soulful atmosphere. Only country music is associated with the concept of a perfectly warm, slightly romantic and necessarily family nest.
Before directing the kitchen in the style of country, decide on its main theme, because in each country it has its own characteristics.
- In England, the country is distinguished by some orderliness and even scrupulousness, while it is very convenient and extremely functional. Such a kitchen does not tolerate anything superfluous, only the most necessary, and invariably natural and ecological pieces of furniture, preferably made in bright colors and always with soft upholstery.
- In Italy, rural style prefers coarse furniture from solid and expensive woods, such as oak or cherry. Special attention should be given to the area for direct cooking. One of the most successful examples is a massive hood, styled as a chimney.
- But in Germany they are absolutely indifferent to the red heavy tree. Germans prefer headsets in bright colors of maple, pear or rosewood. The facade of the furniture is usually painted in soft soft colors, such as baked milk and vanilla color, the body is made deaf and closed.
- French country is a truly cheerful style, which is ready to include the most fun and vibrant colors (golden, bright blue, lavender tones, etc.). Floral motifs, a huge number of vases and baskets, and other soul-warming accessories are all about French country music.
- The main feature of Scandinavian country music is the atmosphere in light cool colors, which have an advantage in light reflecting. But it is absolutely not forbidden to dilute the slightly cold atmosphere with bright red or blue accents. Furniture items are almost devoid of decoration, but all the furniture is extremely functional and comfortable.
- For the kitchen in the style of American country is characterized by massive, rough furniture and the almost complete absence of textiles. But Americans really appreciate things that are made by hand, pillows, rugs and other accessories in the style of handmade.
- Country in Russia in general terms resembles an old Russian hut. To get a room in the spirit of Russian country, you will need a maximum of raw wood, rough textiles and various wooden accessories. A real Russian stove will become a miracle, so if it is available in the house, in no case do not disassemble it. It will become a key decorative element of this style.
- Swiss country loves when the room is well filled with daylight, he likes warm and bright colors in the interior. The obligatory absence of artificial materials, and of everything that may resemble urban bustle and the frantic pace of life, only natural materials and natural motifs, and of course no extra decoration.
How to properly plan the kitchen space with the maximum benefit for the hostess? Country style prefers corner or direct layout. This layout is quite practical option for any kitchen in size, suitable for even the smallest premises. The working triangle (stove, desk, sink) in a direct layout is on the same line, and lockers, a refrigerator and household appliances on the other. Well, if the distance between them will be reduced to a minimum, otherwise the production process for cooking can be extremely tedious.
Kitchen color style
The color scheme of the kitchen space in the rural style should be calm pastel colors. Bright colors, bold combinations, gloss - this is a taboo for a room in country style. The ideal color for a kitchen setting is brown and white, as well as their derivatives: golden yellow, chocolate, terracotta, cream, beige, and ivory.
Traditionally, the finishing of the room begins with the ceiling and the kitchen room is no exception. But, unfortunately, this is practically the only style in which modern stretch ceilings will be absolutely inappropriate. The best option for a rural-style ceiling will be wood trim, in case of emergency, even ordinary plaster or painting will do. Favorite design reception is imitation of logs, boards or beams. But do not rush, it is very important to take into account the main theme, since the Europeans are adherents of textured plaster and stucco.
Rustic Kitchen Furniture
Furniture in country style is distinguished by deliberate rudeness and even some negligence. All furniture must be either wooden or reproduce natural wood. Absurdity, glamor and immoderation are absolutely not welcome.