Science is constantly moving forward, inventing new interesting materials for the repair and decoration of premises. One of the recent novelties worthy of attention is liquid wallpaper. This material is used to finish the walls and give them a beautiful texture. Not so long ago, they appeared on the Russian market, and have already gained fairly strong popularity. If people want to give their living room, hallway or an entire apartment elegance and luxurious chic, then they increasingly stop at choosing this particular excellent material. The article will look at how to apply liquid wallpaper in the interior, from what they are made, how to properly use, their positive aspects.
What is a liquid wallpaper
This type of finishing materials is fundamentally different from our usual paper, non-woven and other rolled wallpaper. The common thing between them is that they all serve to finish the walls.
Features of liquid wallpaper:
- This type of material consists of fluff natural pulp and various coloring additives. Also sometimes, together with coloring pigments, small particles of tree bark, scales of real mica are added to make the surface shine, plant parts, algae. Fantasy designers are limitless. And it is quite possible to choose your own composition with liquid wallpaper for finishing your apartment, adding, say, some additional ingredients to the finished mixture. For example, if you have a marine-style living room design, you can add shell rock pieces to your liquid wallpaper. Or put in the children's drawings with your favorite characters of the baby.
- Liquid wallpaper consists of all-natural ingredients, which makes this material environmentally friendly. Design with them can be used for finishing bedrooms, nurseries and kitchens. The coating does not emit harmful vapors, is breathable and hypoallergenic.
- Fiber of natural silk or cotton is mixed with cellulose as a base for wallpaper. Silk type of wallpaper - more beautiful, durable, spectacular. In addition, beautiful natural fiber patterns appear on it, giving texture to the coating.
The advantages of liquid wallpaper compared to conventional
Liquid wallpaper results in a uniform surface without transitions and seams. This makes the walls of the hallway and other rooms smooth, this design looks more beautiful, more stylish, modern and elegant. Also, this advantage can provide additional sound insulation for walls. In terms of our apartments, this is sometimes important. You do not have to roll out long rolls, customize the docking places of pieces of wallpaper. All this saves time and is more convenient.
- Using liquid wallpaper is safe for health, because they are completely natural. They are hypoallergenic, so they are suitable for all people, even the smallest.
- The coating is breathable, since the texture of the liquid wallpaper is such that the whole consists of the smallest pores and holes. This provides good heat and air in the room where they use liquid wallpaper - even in the hallway, even in the living room. Also this design is an additional sound and noise insulation. In a room with liquid wallpaper becomes warmer.
- Liquid wallpaper in the interior is very simple to use. Even a novice finisher can easily figure out how to apply them. In addition, even if the application is not completely smooth, the porous rough texture easily hides all minor flaws. And at the exit in any case you get a beautiful flat surface with a luxurious fiber texture. And if you initially uneven walls in the living room, hallway or on the vertical surfaces of the kitchen, they have holes or other flaws, liquid wallpaper will help them hide.
- Liquid wallpaper is simple and easy to operate. And if a child or a pet irreparably spoiled a part of the wall with liquid wallpaper, contaminating them or scratching it, then in this case it is enough to cut an unusable piece, and in its place apply a new coating of the same color. Would it have been possible to make such a "repair" unnoticed with ordinary wallpaper? Hardly.
- Liquid wallpaper is very durable, especially if they are made on a silk basis. They are very pleasant to the touch - silky and soft, warm.
- Wallpapers are not afraid of sunlight, do not fade even if the wall is constantly under the sun's rays. Over time, do not fade, do not lose their decoration, luxurious texture and attractiveness. The design of the living room, hallway or kitchen is very durable.
- Liquid wallpaper is good because their loose and pliable structure allows you to lay out any picture. For example, a nursery can be decorated with suitable cartoon characters, and in the hallway lay out a stylish geometric pattern. Make a drawing is not difficult even for a beginner decorator. To do this, on the wall you need to make a pencil contour of the future drawing and fill this contour with the desired colors of the liquid composition. And after drying the picture you can already put the background around it.
- Such a decorative composition is unique in that when you get tired of the design, you can easily remove the old pattern and make a new one without damaging the background around. In this case, you can regularly update your interior without making large material costs. The new picture will organically fit into the old background, even a small shovchik will not be visible, even if it is white kitchen walls. On the other hand, if you are a conservative, and for durability, reliability, consistency in everything, then here liquid wallpaper will not disappoint you.
- Pesky joints spoiled more than one roll of wallpaper and cost a lot of nerve cells to those who pasted them. When using a liquid decorative composition, you will forget about such a problem. The entire surface of the treated wall will look like a single, monolithic whole. This design looks very harmonious.
- In order to put the composition on the wall, you do not need to empty the entire room, as in the case of conventional, roll wallpaper. This makes their use convenient.
- Before you apply a decorative composition, you do not need to perfectly align the walls. Since they themselves serve as an excellent equalizer.
- If desired, liquid wallpaper, already applied to the surface, can be repainted in a different color right on the wall. This is especially true in the hallway, where the most dirt is brought from the street. Also often on the walls of the kitchen there are greasy annoying stains from food and sprinkling oil.
- The surface treated with such a decorative composition does not attract dust, it is hygroscopic. Therefore suitable for use in children. There will be no need to frequently wash the walls, wipe them or even care of them in any way.
- And if you cover the decorative surface with varnish, then it is quite possible to wash it. This option, of course, is not suitable for a nursery and kitchen, it is more applicable in the hallway or in the corridors.
In the building stores you can find two types of liquid wallpaper. The first type is a mixture completely ready for use. It only needs to be diluted with water and can be applied to the walls. And the second type is just a white powder, in which you still need to add pigments and additional decorative components. Professional design, of course, involves the use of the second type, with an independent selection of the desired shade and texture. Consider where and in which rooms the use of liquid wallpaper is most common and justified:
- Most often, the design with liquid wallpaper is used in those rooms that are "in sight", where they receive guests. These are living rooms, dining rooms, corridors. Very often they are used to design the hallway. But now such a decorative design goes more and more "deep into" the room, conquering bedrooms, nurseries and kitchens.
- In the living room, dining room and hallway look very liquid wallpaper with decorative components. For example, designers like to use small pearl threads as decorative impregnations. With such wallpaper, the usual living room will immediately turn into a royal one.
- In the kitchen, the use of this decorative material is justified by the fact that it is very practical and looks beautiful. You can choose any color to match the kitchen furniture, make any desired shade and texture. With this design, the kitchen takes on a luxurious and well-groomed look. In addition, these walls do not require constant care for themselves, they are not visible dirt and grease, and if necessary, the dirty part of the wall can be easily replaced with a new coating.
In the store you get a decorative composition in special bags in a dry form, like plaster or other dry building mixtures. At home it will be necessary, using the enclosed instruction, to dilute the dry mixture with water in the proper proportion, and then apply it to the walls. Keep in mind that after you have mixed the mixture with water, it cannot be immediately applied to the surface - the fibers need time to swell and soak with water. Only then will they show their adhesive and decorative properties to the full. It takes 15-20 minutes.
Properly prepared mixture should be similar in consistency to the dough for pancakes, that is, to be semi-liquid. Add a dye to achieve the desired shade, which provides for the planned design of the room. Apply the composition with a construction spatula. Sometimes for this use and roller. But the roller is most often used when it is necessary to make decorative drawings on the surface.
In conclusion, it must be said that the use of liquid wallpaper in the realities of modern life is a fully justified choice. It is for such materials that the future is, since it is much more convenient, simple, and durable and practical. Outdated rolled wallpaper gradually replaced by modern materials like all the favorite liquid wallpaper.