Classic cabinets have long ceased to be only a functional and useful piece of furniture. Today they are an important subject of style decision that pleases the eye with bright colors, unusual decor elements, even form. However, before choosing a cabinet for a certain style, get to know it better!
Modern closet in the interior is a good quality and massiveness, ease of use and, often, natural wood in the design, doors, the facade of which is created from innovative plastic, glass, leather.
When choosing a model of a wardrobe or a wardrobe made of natural wood, attention should be paid to:
- size and shape. He has to become a real helper and friend who does not clutter up the free space of the apartment, keeps in himself numerous items of clothing, shoes, accessories, bathing, kitchen, pastels and linen;
- internal component. A classic wardrobe, for example, is equipped not only with shelves and drawers, a hanger, but also special sliding systems that allow you to store necessary things from the uppermost shelves without hassle;
- purpose. The kitchen area can be represented by a display cabinet, a study or library - a huge bookcase, a children's one - a closet-bed. Special solutions for greater functionality allow you to easily store certain things in the closet, making the whole apartment free and original;
- the doors, the external decoration of which is the compliance with the style of the interior reigning in the room;
- the decor that meets your wishes for luxury, wealth.
Modern offer for everyone - these are real cabinets, masterpieces of IKEA, similar options. They will allow you to choose not only a showcase-cabinet, book or dishware option, but also to create such a miracle to order. Having defined the external and internal parameters, it is worth remembering about the free space of the bedroom, nursery, any other room. He should not occupy the whole territory! Therefore it is worth choosing:
- radial or angular option. Both are much more expensive than the classic, but help to correctly use the area of the room. At the same time, the angle and space under the wall is occupied, and the center of the room is free. Such an idea from Ikea is pragmatic, stylish, creative;
- the classic version with hinged doors in case the apartment is decorated in a strict English style or the like, and there is enough space. The classic in the form of rectangular cabinets made of wood, chipboard and fiberboard will be a great example where you need to close a niche or aperture;
- built-in wardrobe, shop window and another type of this piece of furniture, if the area of the room allows and you do not want to make it too noticeable.
A wardrobe in a classic design for a small apartment is an accounting of details, features, nuances. It can become the only bulky piece of furniture if it forms a kind of system. And you do not need to buy a chest of drawers, a cabinet for shoes, a wall, a hall - it will contain everything. As an option - a model with a height from floor to ceiling in the entire wall of the corridor-hallway. Color - light beige, snow-white, another pastel, surface - reflecting light and visually increasing free space.
Zonal division of a studio apartment with a cabinet is an option for a single room with several functional zones. Created to order, he will separate the zone of children's games from the territory of his father’s work, the area of cooking dishes from the relax zone. At the same time, an interesting idea when decorating an interior is an opportunity to arrange two opposite sides of the cabinet in different ways.
Cabinets decor: harmonious tandem of beauty, luxury and functionality
Having dealt with the internal component, choosing a reliable IKEA fittings or another manufacturer specializing in these interior items, you can think about the decor. The fact is that many elements of the decor of such an important piece of furniture help:
- protect doors from minor mechanical damage, dust and dirt, high humidity or temperature extremes. The purpose of the room will help determine and opt for a mirror or film, fragments of natural materials;
- to change the space of the apartment visually, competently selecting not only decorative components for the doors, but also color, and texture, and surface texture.
Choosing colorful and bright elements of decor for your own wardrobe, do not forget about the style of the interior of the room in which this piece of furniture will be located. For natural styles and some of the historical attention should be paid to natural materials, stained glass inserts, using fusing, mirrors with sandblasted drawings. Shades of the door leaf is a pastel version in case this piece of furniture should not stand out. Bright color will help to make the wardrobe a stylish and three-dimensional decorative element, mainly in the interior.
More pragmatic and functional modern styles are wardrobes, cupboards, books, display cases and others, which are decorated with a minimum of decor. The color of the facades is white, all shades of black, silver with a matte or glossy surface. Designers use solvent or interior printing (macro photography), glass and mirrors, decorating with rattan and bamboo elements to decorate doors. And you can easily make a choice!