Regardless of the large or small size of the kitchen, often the owner of the question arises: where to store all the dishes and household utensils? After all, a kitchen is an infinite number of objects: cereals, knives, cutlery, dishes, seasonings, vegetables - and among all these things you need to put things in order, so that they are always at hand.
In fact, the kitchen has much more space than it seems at first glance, and we offer you a few ideas to help you organize your space properly, using all the cabinets, walls and corners.
Racks and shelves
- Open shelves. You can make your own hands and put them in many different ways: on free walls, around the door, in a corner, under the ceiling, between the kitchen units. This solution creates extra space in your kitchen. Beautifully arranging cups, glasses, vessels with cereals and spoons, books on the shelves, you not only save space and keep order, but also decorate the kitchen.
- Entresol. Use the kitchen mezzanine to store things that you use less often than others. The actual idea for the wall cabinet is to make it open, removing the bulkiness. If you do not have a mezzanine or place for it - set the shelf above the door, where you will store things in convenient drawers.
- "Mounted" racks. This idea will allow you to turn away from the wall and cook, communicating with loved ones. Move your headset away from the wall and use open metal systems to organize open top systems. There you will be able to put bottles, pots, containers with loose cereals, containers with forks and spoons, hang cutting boards and pans.
There are many empty places in the kitchen that can be used wisely:
- The ends of the cabinets will help to organize the storage system of sanitary appliances: a broom, mops, detergents. High end cabinets, often located near the refrigerator, are especially good for such an idea. In the upper part we put shelves for detergents, at the bottom - hooks for mops and other things. Also on the ends you can hang storage pockets that can be sewn from a soft mesh with your own hands. In them you can keep towels and paper bags.
- Walls become an excellent place to store pots and pans that do not fit in cabinets and drawers. An interesting idea is a metal panel with holes into which hooks for dishes are inserted; here you can store knives. The panel can be painted the color of your kitchen and used as a modern art object. Remember that dishes, located in this way, should always be in perfect condition and look aesthetically pleasing.
- Bottom drawers can be installed under the kitchen modules. Usually there is a decorative plank behind which furniture legs are hidden. But this space can be used. In such boxes it is convenient to store flat items, such as pans, towels, sponges, etc.
- Mobile worktop can be your work area in the kitchen. On its lower shelves it is convenient to store plates, cutlery, knives and other dishes. In addition, it easily turns into a simple dining or serving table. You can store such a tabletop in a corner where it does not hurt anyone.
- If your kitchen is made in a classic style, then it is probably decorated with columns or porticos. These seemingly fixed systems can be equipped with built-in shelves and condiments, spoons, forks, cereals, bottles and products in vertical containers can be stored there.
- Tabletop can also be slightly transformed. First of all, with its help you can conveniently and safely store the knives - make a slot in it where you will insert them. If the material of the tabletop can not be cut, then use a wooden insert. Secondly, on the countertop, you can put the box, leaning it against the bottom of the wall. This box turns into an additional storage corner: containers with cereals, plates, forks, spoons and other utensils. Hooks can be nailed to it and something to hang on them. Thirdly, additional cabinets for household appliances can be built into the countertop.
- Rack for growing seasonings can be hung on the wall. Usually, spices are grown on the window, but by moving them into a cabinet with open shelves (which you can do with your own hands), you will free up valuable sill space, where you can put other things in the proper order.
Storage of vegetables and other products
A bread box is needed for fresh bread, but it clutters our valuable space. There are a few bread storage ideas you can do with your own hands. You can build an additional wooden box with a convenient lid in the table and keep it there - always at hand. A drawer can also be used for storing bread; it is convenient to insert a half-width glass board into it and cut bread on it.
Remember that not all vegetables tolerate heat well, do not strive to take large cabinets for them to store in kilograms. An interesting idea is to place a vegetable corner right on the kitchen wall. You can sew cotton or linen bags for vegetables and hang them by hooks. You can hang beautiful baskets on the wall.
It is convenient to store vegetables in the drawers next to the cutting area, that is, near the sink. Make such a box yourself or order it in advance in the headset.
Clean up the closet
Often the lack of space is a banal mess and the wrong organization of space in your closets and kitchen corners. Use the following tips to put everything in place.
- All bulk products: cereals, sugar, seasonings, salt, etc. must be placed in glass or plastic containers and signed. According to the inscriptions on the banks you will easily find the right product and maintain order.
- Get rid of extra unused dishes, discard broken plates and cups.
- High shelves hold items that are used less often than others. There you can place everything that is stored in bottles.
- It is rational to place the high vessels closer to the wall, then the middle ones, and the smallest at the door.
Proper storage and arrangement of dishes in cabinets will save a lot of space and keep order - put pots, pans and plates into each other, depending on their size.