New Year is around the corner, Christmas markets are already working, and people are starting to think about how to decorate their apartments for the holiday. We will give some tips on how to turn an apartment with your own hands into a place where a happy New Year will certainly come.
Tree selection - strategy selection
The key element of the decor in the New Year is, of course, the Christmas tree. The owners of one-room apartments are limited in space, so you will have to give up buying large firs, both artificial and living. There are three alternatives:
- Little live fir (or any other conifer). Its advantages are obvious: she is beautiful, she smells good. But the living tree has two serious drawbacks: firstly, it leaves behind a pile of needles, and, secondly, after the New Year it will have to be thrown out.
- Little artificial fir. It looks almost like a real one, leaves no rubbish behind it, and the smell can be created with the help of special flavors. It is easy to assemble and disassemble, disassembled takes up very little space, which is especially important for owners of one-bedroom apartments.
- The branches. The most economical option. From the branches there is less debris and it will not be a shame to throw them out. In addition, they can be decorated with small Christmas decorations. The branch of a coniferous tree is an excellent center for a New Year's composition.
It is worth noting that, whichever option you choose, it should be the compositional center of your New Year's décor.
Another element of the decor, without which it is difficult to imagine the New Year - tinsel. She perfectly creates a festive mood, not requiring a lot of space. For example, it can decorate chandeliers, curtains and mirrors. When choosing tinsel, it is worth remembering that the color of the next year is blue, so it is necessary to give preference to decorations of precisely this color and in the future to be guided by this when forming a festive decor.
Christmas decor items
- Decorative doll
- Christmas decorations
- Decorative candles
- Tinsel wreaths
Principles of space saving
There is not much space in a one-room apartment, and no matter how much we want to make it as elegant and "New Year" as possible, we should not forget that we not only celebrate it, but also live in it. New Year's decor (as, indeed, any other) should not interfere with your life. Here are some tips for organizing space:
- Put the tree in the corner. So it will take less space. In addition, if it is alive, you can show it the most "profitable" side. Put the spruce in front of the reflective surface (mirror or cabinet with glass doors), turn on the garland - and you will see that they have done the magic with their own hands!
- Do not try to "hell" everything. It is better to create several composite centers in such a way that it does not interfere with your life. For example, you should not decorate the drawers or doors of the cabinets that you use constantly. Do not forget that the jewelry is usually light and fragile, so it is better to place them where you can not harm them.
- Use bright and shiny decorations to visually expand the space of the room.
- Do not hang tinsel or garlands on the ceiling, especially if it is low. This will make the room visually smaller and prevent a stormy celebration: you can accidentally pick such decorations with your hands.
- The holiday begins at the door. Place a few decorations near the entrance door or in front of it, so that anyone who entered, immediately entertained the spirit of the New Year.
According to the Chinese calendar, the next year is the year of the blue (wooden) Horse. Purchase a few small horse figures or do it yourself. You can either put them under the tree, or use them as individual details of the decor. However, you should not get carried away and place too much: the horse does not like undue attention, but calm and comfort, and you must show your respect for the symbol of the coming year with your decisions.
It will be great if your hands will make one or more decorations for a New Year tree or house: a horse loves hard work. It is not necessary to do something complicated: you yourself or with your children can make several snowflakes from napkins, Christmas-tree toys from improvised materials.
Festive decor is not easy, especially when it comes to such an important event as the celebration of the New Year. It may seem that in the conditions of one-room living, when every square centimeter is counted, it is simply impossible to create an elegant and harmonious interior, but this is not so. Be sure you can create a winter fairy tale in your apartment with your own hands, you just need to want it!
* Photos from Google.com search and www.ikea.com