The aesthetic appearance and technical characteristics of such heating devices make it possible to use them in private houses, apartments, schools, hospitals, kindergartens or industrial buildings.
To choose the right device for heating, you need to know that certain types of aluminum radiators can vary in design, number of sections, production method and technical characteristics. At the same time, they all have a number of obvious advantages compared with their cast-iron predecessors.
Advantages and disadvantages of aluminum radiators
One of the advantages that brought aluminum radiators to the first lines of sales was their quite affordable price. In addition, these heating systems are different:
- small dimensions and low weight;
- attractive appearance, allowing them to be used to decorate the premises in any style;
- ease of installation work and the ability to regulate the temperature with special regulators;
- short time of heating and cooling of heating devices;
- the presence of large diameter pipes, which does not allow them to quickly become clogged;
- the ability to adjust the power by reducing or increasing the number of vertical sections;
- the big operational term - from 10 to 25 years.
Types of aluminum radiators
Before you decide what device aluminum radiator will be optimal for a particular room, you should find out what the differences between different types of such systems. According to the method of production can be called two main types of such devices.
Radiator sections are cast under high pressure, placing the alloy in special shapes, where it assumes a solid state. Therefore, the shape of the radiators can be very different. The surface of such batteries is ideally smooth, and the dimensions correspond to all specified parameters. The advantages of cast heating devices are:
- increased heat transfer coefficient due to the presence of additional internal plates;
- the ability to make heating systems of the required size, increasing the number of sections;
- the large wall thickness and solidity of the product make the structure very durable;
- easy replacement of damaged sections;
- The multi-rider radiator system allows you to create the effect of a window's thermal curtain when heat flows vertically upwards and blocks cold air from the window opening.
Radiators manufactured by casting technology are produced with additives to the silicon alloy (about 12%). This provides increased product strength without loss of thermal conductivity.
Production by extrusion differs in that in the production process, the alloy is "pushed" through a special mechanism, and this differs in the production method from molded products. With this method of manufacturing, it is necessary to make two separate parts (front and rear) and subsequently to combine them with the method of thermal pressing. Their advantages include:
- small weight, the sizes;
- quick heating process;
- ease of installation;
- Aesthetic appearance and the ability to use them for different styles of the premises;
- The low price and profitability due to use of a temperature regulator;
- no joints between individual sections, which increases their reliability.
Among the shortcomings of extrusion batteries include:
- the inability to increase or decrease the number of sections;
- susceptibility to corrosive processes;
- a small surface area (compared to cast analogs), which reduces thermal conductivity;
- short service life (up to 15 years).
Another type of such heaters are anodized aluminum radiators. These products in the production process undergo a stage of anodic or electrochemical oxidation of the inner and upper surface. This creates a high-strength protective film and increases corrosion resistance. Such systems lead the ranking of aluminum radiators, and their only disadvantage is the high price.
Which aluminum radiator to choose depends on the design of the heating system, the area of the room, and indicators of the coolant. Modern manufacturers offer radiators for home and other premises suitable:
- for systems of heating with both natural and forced circulation of the coolant;
- they can be installed in one and two pipe heating systems with horizontal or vertical execution of pipelines.
In addition to the differences in technical characteristics and production method, there are a large number of aluminum radiators differing in shape and design. Specialized retail chains can offer radiators with large vertical sections. Today it is possible to purchase standard or reinforced aluminum radiator systems. Standard models include European-style heaters. The main difference between reinforced structures is that they are capable of operating at a working pressure of 16 atmospheres.
How to choose aluminum radiators?
All types of aluminum radiators can last for quite a long time, if you approach the selection process responsibly. It is very important to purchase equipment only in large specialized networks. At such points of sale there are always qualified consultants who can advise which aluminum radiator will meet all the necessary parameters. In addition, you must:
- know exactly all the parameters of the heating network, where the heating equipment will be installed;
- choose the best heater brand, which has a high reputation and has long been on the market;
- take into account that the device is too light, indicating that the thickness of the side ribs and the rear wall is too small, which means that such devices will have small indicators of power;
- choosing a model, it is recommended to thoroughly and thoroughly examine the parameters specified in the data sheet;
- pay attention to the warranty.
You need to know that good quality thermal equipment cannot be cheap. Sometimes manufacturers reduce the diameter of vertical collectors to reduce the cost of the device. This leads to the fact that accumulated on the internal stacks of the raid, will cause the failure of the radiator. When buying, be sure to check the availability of all necessary components.
Standard equipment must include:
- a set of brackets, the number of which depends on the width and weight of the radiator;
- a valve for lowering air from the system (Mayevsky's crane);
- special racks;
- set of caps (left and right);
- sealing gaskets;
- Ball Valves.