Naturally, the main place in the bedroom is reserved for the bed. Most often the product occupies most of the area of the room. Given the small size of the bedroom, it becomes the main problem when creating a stylish and comfortable interior.
Rationally solve the issue of ergonomics helps the use of transformable furniture - pull-out beds.
These models are the perfect alternative to the traditional bed. In comparison with the classic version of the organization of the bed, transformable products have several advantages:
- bedroom space looks much more spacious;
- convenience of use, since the withdrawable / withdrawable technologies are much easier to operate than folding ones;
- affordable prices for other furniture;
- creating a harmonious design and neat appearance of the situation. Correctly selected and hidden bed can be an indispensable part of the interior.
Retractable models are perfect for small bedrooms, as well as make it possible to create an extra bed in any other room. Of course, such products are most in demand in one-room apartments.
Types of retractable models
An ottoman may well be considered as a full-fledged berth. Difference of model from a sofa consists in absence of soft and constant backs and armrests. When assembled, the role of support for the back is performed by pillows, which are supported on small rigid sides.
Almost all models are equipped with a folding mechanism that allows to increase the berth area. Some models of the ottoman are also equipped with drawers for linen.
The main advantages of the ottoman:
- the flat surface of the bed (without joints or seams);
- simple and easy folding mechanism;
- looks great in any room, convenient for use in the nursery or adult bedroom;
- does not occupy a lot of space, but creates a full-fledged sleeping place.
Some kind of ottoman is a sofa, which has a back and armrests of the same height. The most popular mechanism of transformation in the sofa - vykatnoy, when the bed slides out from under the seat. Then the back is lowered into the resulting space and a place for a good rest is formed. The most popular models are double and triple (resembling a classic sofa).
Types of rollout beds
The design of the product includes two important elements: the base and additional space, retractable if necessary. The following types of models are distinguished:
- regular - fixed bed with pull-out bed. Such a design is justified in the case of frequent guests staying overnight;
- built-in - sleeper disguised in furniture.
Manufacturers and designers offer several options for transforming furniture:
- in the closet - like structures very saves room space. The negative point - the cabinet becomes less functional, since the main part is occupied by a sleeping place. The bed with the lifting mechanism happens single and double.
- on the podium - the practicality of this option leaves no doubt as to the choice. As you can, at your discretion, equip the space above the bed: work corner, part of the guest area, main bed. The purpose of the podium is chosen individually and depends on the number of residents and rooms in the apartment. To create a complete and comfortable zone on the podium, it is desirable that the height of the ceilings be not less than 2.8 m;
- in a special decorative niche. This is an elegant option for stylish interiors, but it loses in terms of saving room space;
Sizes of sliding models differ in all parameters. Single beds (from 80 to 100 cm), one-and-a-half (from 100 to 150 cm), double beds (from 160 to 220 cm) are installed in width. When choosing a model it is worth bearing in mind that the single-bed version is more suitable for teenagers.
Proceeding from the height of a person, manufacturers offer products of the following lengths: for teens and a bed for adults not tall people - 190 cm, for buyers of average height - 195 cm, for tall buyers - 200-220 cm.
Of great importance in the arrangement of the bed is the height of the additional bed. The lower the mattress is located, the more difficult it is to get out of bed, so low models are not recommended to be installed in bedrooms for the elderly.
Acceptable bed height is considered to be the level of the knees, but due to the nuances of the pull-out bed design for two, it will not always be rational to install the product with such a height.
Features of the device sliding mechanisms
A classic option is considered to equip withdrawable models with a roller mechanism. Principle of work: wheels are screwed on the bottom of the bed base, which move along the guides when the bed is pulled out. Sometimes systems are not equipped with guides, and the rollers roll directly along the floor. To get a bed-transformer, just pull the strap, fixed in the center of the bed. The design should roll out easily, without effort.
When assembling beds with lifting mechanisms, two types of devices are used:
- on coil springs - it is highly reliable and durable, designed for approximately 70 years of daily use;
- on gas springs - has excellent performance characteristics, not inferior to coil springs, feature - silent use of the structure.
The use of retractable models is very popular in the nursery. For a good night's sleep, a child needs a complete place of rest, but no less valuable is the availability of free space for outdoor games (especially for boys). All these requirements most fully meet the pull-out beds (transformers). Like any piece of furniture, these designs have positive and negative sides. The advantages of products include:
- practicality. Thanks to capacious storage systems (drawers, shelves), the issue of cabinets and affordable placement of things is solved;
- economical use of room space;
- mobility of contraction provides ease of operation;
- durability and safety of the product;
- wide model range;
- no age restrictions - sliding systems allow you to create full-fledged sleeping places for children from 1.5 years.
The disadvantages of a two-tier design include: some discomfort of a child sleeping on the lower level (especially when a child is sleeping, sleeping on the second level); over time, traces of rollers may form on the floor (especially on soft flooring).
Types of beds
The design features of some models are determined by the number of beds created. To popular models include the following types:
- with bonded tiers. This budget model is available bunk (pull-out bed for two children) and three-tiered (bed for three children). Lower berths are made in the entire length of the structure, their movement is limited to roll-out mechanisms. Since there are no side steps, a significant disadvantage is that when the child comes down from the top bed, he has to climb over the sleeper on the lower tier. Despite the shortcomings, these are excellent options for arranging beds for large families;
- sliding system with the possibility of free movement of beds. Dignity - the withdrawable element can be installed anywhere in the room, so there are no significant drawbacks;
- with a sliding mechanism, side steps and with a sliding section (drawer). A very full and functional model. In boxes it is convenient to fold sleeping accessories. The presence of steps allows the child to descend from the upper bed so as not to disturb the neighbor;
- roll-out bed-podium. In such a system, the parallel arrangement of beds on one level is possible. The number of beds is determined individually, as are the options for arranging the surface above the podium.
The dimensions of the beds are selected individually, taking into account the age and physiological characteristics of the children. It is advisable to choose full-size beds with a width of up to 1 m and a length of up to 2 m.
The height of the lower tier is determined by the design of the system. In the three-tier models, the lower bed is at a distance of 10-15 cm from the floor. Bunk pull-out bed with drawers can have different heights of the lower tier. If the system is equipped with several rows of niches / boxes, then the height of the beds will be individual in each case.
If beds are equipped with sides, the spaces between them should be within 2-6 cm. The standard depth for the location of the mattress is 7 cm, and the height of the side walls is 10 cm.
If during assembly of structures the necessary dimensions were maintained, then the use of beds would be easy and convenient.
Basic requirements for children's beds:
- safety of materials, guaranteed by certificates of quality and compliance with environmental standards (for wood products);
- convenience of transformation;
- certain bed sizes;
- the quality of the coating of cloths and edges;
- the presence of locking mechanisms (retractable system with drawers and individual elements must reliably maintain the specified position) and sides.
Requirements for materials
In the manufacture of sliding systems manufacturers often use more than two materials. The frame is assembled from metal or wood, and the basis is natural timber or board.
For the manufacture of basic elements used MDF, chipboard. Products with laminated surfaces are somewhat more expensive, but the beds are more durable, resistant to moisture and mechanical damage.
In the production of furniture, it is important to avoid chipping and chipping on the surface and edge. Compliance of products with the norms and standards of environmental friendliness and safety must be confirmed by appropriate certificates.
Properly chosen model of the retractable bed system is quite capable of becoming the main element of the interior, as well as decorate a comfortable place to rest. Significant savings in space while allowing you to equip apartments with the wishes of the tenants and not depend on the number of square meters.