Each owner of a private home is committed to maintaining a constant comfortable temperature in their home. A private house is usually heated with either a wood stove or a gas boiler, or their varieties. Heating a house with electricity is costly, it is the most expensive type of house heating, but you can use it as a backup source of heat maintenance. For this purpose, ideal heating elements for heating.
What is heating element for heating?
Electric heating elements are heating elements that are placed in a liquid inside a radiator. They heat the liquid: water, oil or a special agent that circulates through the heating system. Passing through the pipes, the heated fluid transfers heat to the environment and returns back to the heating element. You can install them in radiators of water heating, infrared heaters, or in heating boilers. Let out TENY of the most different types and modifications. In all of them, the heating element is reliably protected from ingress of water and is additionally coated with an electroplating layer. All these measures serve to prevent accidental injury to people by electrical current.
The advantages of using heating elements for heating
Despite the fact that electricity is the most expensive type of heating, there are some indisputable advantages in using heating elements for heating:
- equipment of an autonomous heating system in the absence of access to gas or solid fuel;
- the ability to automate heating when using heating elements with temperature controllers;
- no emissions to the environment or humans;
- small size devices allow you to install them almost everywhere;
- a huge selection of models for any conditions of use;
- simple and inexpensive installation of equipment.
Also, the use of electric heating avoids such dangerous moments as accidents during explosions of domestic gas or carbon monoxide poisoning when using wood-burning stoves.
Types of heaters
Manufacturers produce two types of heaters. They differ in the method of manufacture and use:
- Tubular. This is the most common type of heating elements, which are used in almost all electric heating appliances. They differ in tube length, diameter and configuration. Tubular heating elements are usually made of stainless steel.
- Tubular ribbed have the form of a tube with transverse ribs. Used to heat air or gas in heating devices such as heat guns or convectors.
Also from electric heaters can be assembled block - TENB. The block is used to increase the power of the device.
Other types of tubular electric heaters are not used for domestic heating.
TENY for heating with a temperature regulator
Almost all electric water heaters - kettles, boilers, titans, radiators - equip with temperature controllers. These heaters are made of nickel-chrome wire. It is placed inside a stainless or carbon steel tube and covered with magnesium oxide powder. It is a good current insulator, and at the same time it has a high thermal conductivity. Choosing a heating element with a thermostat, you need to pay attention to the following points:
- the material from which the tube is made is copper or acid-resistant stainless steel;
- possibility of use in water and alkaline solutions. Such devices are marked with the letter P;
- when choosing a device should count the possibilities of wiring. For a very powerful heating element will have to lay a separate cable from the shield.
You also need to examine the location of the sensor. It should be easily removed if the need arises to change it.
TENY for heating radiators
In radiators - cast iron or aluminum batteries - heating elements are installed to stabilize the temperature during periods of shutdown of centralized heat supply or for additional heating of the room. Such a heating at night can be quite advantageous if a two-tariff electricity meter is installed in the house.
Heaters for radiators have a thin flange and a narrow heating element. They are completed with a special casing that protects against water ingress. A capillary thermostat helps regulate heat, and two temperature sensors prevent the product from overheating. Many models of modern heating elements are equipped with convenient and necessary functions: "Turbo" - for rapid heating of the room and "Anti-freezing" - to prevent defrosting of the heating system. This function is intended for long-term maintenance of the temperature not lower than +10 degrees.
Install the heating element in the radiator is easy. It is necessary to remove the cap from the bottom flange and screw the heating element into this hole. Then you should install a thermostat and connect the device to a network with grounding. The installation of heating elements in the system of centralized water heating has many advantages:
- protects the system from freezing in case of emergency shutdown;
- allows you to accurately adjust the temperature in the room;
- economically consumes electricity due to pulsed operation;
- low price with a large selection of models.
TENY for heating boilers
The heating element can be installed in an electric or combined heating boiler. In electric boiler TEN is the only source of heat, in the combined main fuel is a solid - wood, coal, briquettes.
The heating element in a solid fuel boiler plays an auxiliary role, maintaining the temperature in the absence of fuel. It is very convenient to use such boilers in country houses and country houses, when there is no need to constantly maintain a comfortable temperature in the house.
The boiler can be permanently turned on in the mode of maintaining the minimum temperature, which does not allow the heating system to defrost. The transition of the boiler from solid fuel to electrical heating occurs automatically when it reaches a certain temperature. Installing a combined boiler requires safety precautions. So, the boiler must be installed in a separate room with good ventilation. Since the boiler is heavy, it must be installed on a solid concrete base. The room should be a chimney having good traction.
Advantages and disadvantages of using boilers with heating elements
Heating solid fuel boilers with heating elements have a number of advantages:
- the boiler is economical when burning solid fuels;
- the transition to heating with heating elements occurs automatically and the temperature does not drop to critical values;
- the desired temperature is easy to program and not to overheat the room, respectively, to save money;
- the boiler has a long service life due to the constant maintenance of the optimum temperature without sudden drops;
- TEN is easy to replace in case of breakage.
You also need to know the disadvantages of such boilers:
- the appliance cannot be installed in an ordinary apartment building in the absence of a separate chimney;
- it requires a separate room;
- for the work of the heating element you need a three-phase current connection;
- the appliance needs regular maintenance.
As we can see, the disadvantages are rather relative and are not critical for installing equipment in a private house.
Purchase and installation of a boiler or radiator with heating elements in your house will be a convenient and profitable help for optimal maintenance of a comfortable temperature in the home.