The floor in the nursery can be the most diverse: it can be covered with linoleum, covered with parquet, covered with a large carpet, but the best solution will always be carpet for a kid who still does not know how to walk, and for a tomboy schoolboy.
Advantages and disadvantages
Children's carpet, like any floor covering, has its own advantages and disadvantages. The first list is quite large:
- Heat. Carpet, laid on the floor, even in the coldest house with poor heating will save heat and save the child from colds in winter. No drafts, no problems with slippers and socks. A baby can crawl on his knees, run, lie on it with a book and stay healthy.
- Density. Children are active and on slippery floors can easily slip and injure themselves. On the carpet, you can run in socks or barefoot, playing catch-up or portraying a typewriter, and not fall even on sharp turns.
- Brightness. Children's carpet is different from linoleum and parquet colorful attractive drawings that will raise the mood of the child and allow him to live in a fairy tale. You can find a carpet with a pattern depicting a city or railway, with little animals or cartoon characters, with patterns or castles. With a certain imagination, with the help of this flooring you can create a real piece of the magic country in a single house.
- Ease of care. In the presence of a vacuum cleaner, cleaning the cover becomes the simplest thing - once every two days it is enough to spend half an hour to easily cope with dust and dirt. In addition, the carpet often does not absorb liquid, and therefore it is easy to remove stains of juice and paint from it, which even the most obedient children can leave.
- Softness. Even if the baby falls, and this happens with all children, especially when they learn to walk, the probability that he will inflict less trauma on the carpet, than in the case of other coatings.
- Easy installation. Lay the carpet in the nursery can easily do it yourself. The simplest option, which is also well suited for small warm apartments, where in summer carpet becomes a source of heat and dust, lay carpet on the floor and glue it around the perimeter with any adhesive material, starting with adhesive tape and ending with specialized glue.
Despite the fact that the carpet is definitely a good solution, it also has disadvantages:
- Dust. Carpet is easily covered with dust and needs frequent cleaning.
- High contamination. It is not easy to put a stain on the carpet, but any rubbish sticks to it at ease and for a long time. In addition, if there are pets in the house, the floor will have to be cleaned every day, otherwise the pattern on it will not be visible under the coat.
Even if you look at the situation from an arithmetic point of view, it becomes clear that the pros outweigh the disadvantages. You just need to choose a children's carpet so that it fits the room perfectly.
What does the choice depend on?
Carpet has its own classification, on which its qualities depend to no small degree.
Between the two layers of the base enclose the felt, which is pierced with needles through a special apparatus.
Each blow pulls a thread of felt behind it, which results in a thin coating resembling felt. The main advantage of this carpet - resistance to mechanical stress. Thanks to her, carpet is most often used in places where people constantly walk. However, it is not too pleasant to sit and crawl on it, therefore it cannot be called the best solution for a nursery.
In this method, needles are also used: fibers are drawn through the fabric base, resulting in small loops, the ends of which are fixed with the help of glue. The loops can be cut, they can be left as they are, resulting in a wide variety of patterns. This carpet is relatively soft, but wears out faster than the needle-punched, although it costs more.
It is made according to the same technology, according to which real carpets are produced: the pile is woven with the warp threads, as a result of which it will be possible to divide them only by tearing the coating as a whole. Soft, reliable, able to serve for many years, but at the same time much more expensive than other options.
According to the materials used for the manufacture of carpeting is divided into two types.
These include both plant materials (flax, jute, coconut fibers), and animals (wool and silk). As a rule, the coating of them is soft, pleasant to the touch, looks nice and retains heat well, without missing sounds. In addition, natural materials are environmentally friendly, and are easily decomposed after disposal. Cons: easy to pollute and at least easily be affected by moths or molds. In wet areas, natural carpet will not last long.
The most modern options are not much different from the natural ones - they are just as soft, just as warm and as good at soundproofing, but absolutely immune to biological stimuli. They are not taken by a mold, do not strike a fungus and do not eat a mole. Moreover, they have a wider range of colors and last longer than natural ones. They are also cheaper.
By type of pile it is customary to distinguish:
- Loop. In this case, the carpet gives the impression of curly, usually very dense and in its own pleasant to the touch. In addition, there are no traces on it.
- Split. In this case, the loops are cut and the pile remains in length from 3 mm to 7. It is very pleasant to the touch, it seems to be plush, but the marks on it will be very visible.
- Combined. Part of the loop remains curly, part is cut, with the result that a relief pattern is obtained, on which no trace is visible.
In addition to the material, production technology and type of pile should be considered color.
There may be very different directions:
- Favorite characters. Suitable for a child who is passionate about a certain show and will be happy to live among the usual characters.
- Learning schemes. For example, a carpet with a pattern depicting road markings. It may be useful for teaching child traffic rules.
The main drawback of the drawings is that they will have to be changed, because the child’s tastes, even if he helped to choose, will change quickly and after a few years he will not want to live in a room with “baby pictures” anymore.
The best carpet with a children's pattern of possible, because it looks attractive, juicy and bright, fits in this room of a teenager and can be perfectly combined with a properly chosen interior.
Before buying carpet, you should also take care and read the reviews of those who have already purchased it. A certain firm, a certain seller - to choose them according to the reviews will be very far-sighted.
It is important to know not only how to choose a carpet for a nursery, but also how to care for it, so that it will serve for many years:
- every two days you need to vacuum it from dust and, if there are animals, wool;
- every six months you need to arrange a real cleaning for him: you can call a cleaning company, you can buy a special detergent and wash them, at the same time scrubbing a carpet with a brush;
- as soon as something spills on the carpet, you need to remove the stain with a damp cloth and wipe the remaining mark with a special cleaning agent.
You also need to ensure that the child does not throw toys, but more for reasons of aesthetics than for reasons of the immediate cleanliness of the carpet.