Anyone who got up on skis at least once in his life knows: pleasure and safety during skiing depend largely on how the inventory was taken care of at home, and especially on whether ski storage was right in the warm season. In this easy, but responsible business there are some nuances that it is very important to know in order not to spoil expensive equipment.
Having finished riding, you should bring the skis into a warm room and wipe dry with a soft cloth, and then put them to dry, only away from batteries and other heating devices - too much heat can irreparably damage them. Put equipment socks up, next put a stick.
It is important to ensure that the fasteners fasten well and do not rust, and the canvas is completely dry.
Dried items are packed in a case or wrapped in a dense fabric with a sliding surface inside, then tied up and put in a dry place. The same rules allow us to make ski storage the most gentle.
Contrary to the well-known proverb in the summer, not only sleds, but also skis should be prepared. However, this is true for any winter sports equipment, which in the summer with improper storage (for example, on the balcony) is threatened by many negative factors:
- Precipitations and even simply high humidity of the air can provoke rusting of the fasteners and lead to flaking of the sliding surface;
- daily temperature fluctuations are extremely detrimental to even the plastic coating, not to mention wood;
- intense solar radiation also damages the material and leads to drying out.
Of course, it is necessary to exclude the impact of all the above factors, for example, a rack for storing skis in a storeroom is useful. At the end of the season, several procedures are recommended:
- Treat skis with ordinary detergent, then wipe with a napkin dipped in liquid ammonia, and dry thoroughly, of course - away from heaters. The same should be done with sticks.
- Carefully wipe, clean and lubricate the fasteners with special grease to protect against the effects of the external environment. If there is no lubrication - it does not matter, common petroleum jelly will fit.
- Inspect the skis for microcracks and chips, and if found, lightly sand the problem areas with sandpaper and lacquer in two or three layers.
- Cover sliding surfaces with a special lubricant to block access to the porous material with dust and oxygen: wood - with resin, and plastic - with paraffin.
- Packed for storage and put in a cool dark place with a constant temperature and humidity (storage room, toilet), but in no case on the balcony or loggia.
It is worth noting that different skis pack differently. For example, wooden ties are tied together in two places - at the toe and at the heel - and put in struts, and plastic is simply tied together and put to the wall in a case or put against the wall with sticks. But the most successful option would be the ski storage bracket, then the equipment will not interfere in everyday life.
Finally, you should take care of ski boots. The inner shoe is taken out, carefully washed and left to dry, having filled with crumpled paper or newspapers. The outer shoe is carefully cleaned of dirt, inserted into the inner, pre-filled with clean dry paper, and buttoned. In this form, shoes can be stored until the next season.
Proper storage of a snowboard in summer means following a few simple rules:
- At the end of each season you should give the board to the service, so that the masters polish it, sharpen edges and paraffin. At home, this is not easy to do, and next winter you will not have to think about the state of equipment.
- Before packing for storage, the snowboard is wiped alternately with wet and dry rags. Fasteners fasten, remove, clean and put in a box, oiling bolts. However, the board can be stored and assembled.
- The room in which the board will stand all summer must be dry and cool, because snowboards, like skis, do not tolerate moisture, direct sunlight and high temperatures, from which the inventory can rust, crack and bend.
Store the snowboard in a horizontal position to avoid deformation. Sliding surface down it is placed on any flat surface in the apartment (closet, shelf, bed) or carefully hung on hooks. You should not put other things on the board, otherwise it may gradually arch; if the house has a ski storage rack, you should free up some space for a snowboard.
Snowboard boots are prepared for the summer as well as ski: clean, dry and fill with paper, and then packaged in a box in the assembled state and placed in a dry cool place.
Compliance with these simple rules will allow you not to worry about the state of your snowboard at the beginning of next winter, and immediately plunge into your favorite extreme sport.